In Malaysia, every individual and entity including resident or non-resident who is liable to tax is required to declare his/its income to Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (IRBM) or Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LDHN). Taxpayer/Director is responsible to submit Income Tax Return Form (ITRF) and make income tax payment yearly prior to due date.
Depending on individual status & source of income, the taxpayer has to complete and submit proper type of form. Below is the guideline to select which type of form is applicable.
ezHASil e-Filing is the most convenient way to submit Income Tax Return Form (ITRF). It also saves a lot of time and very easy to complete it online rather than conventional methods by manually filling up the form because all the calculation is automatic. You just need to enter your income, deduction, relief and rebate only.
The most important thing is you will get a faster refund in case you paid excess income tax through PCB. Also, LHDN extended the dateline for extra 2 weeks.
For a new taxpayer or existing taxpayer who would like to complete ITRF for the first time, there are a few steps you have to complete prior to filling the ITRF form online through e-Filing. Once completed, you probably require to make payment or waiting for excess income tax refund.
For a new taxpayer :
Apply for PIN Number
There are 4 methods on how to obtain a PIN Number.
- If your email address registered with LHDN, browse to ezHASiL e-Filing website and click PIN Number Application.
- If you email address not registered with LHDN, you have to fill up Online Feedback Form to obtain PIN Number.The application must be attached with the following documents:
i. Individual citizen: MyKad / Card Police / Military Card.
ii. Individual who are not citizens of Malaysia: Passport
iii. Enclose completed CP600B form to update email address if the applicant email is different from the email address that already registered with the IRB.Format of the attachment:
i. Format : *.jpg,*.png,*.gif, and *.pdf
ii. Size : 2 MB
- Through mail or fax to any nearest LHDN office. Kindly remember to attach Income Tax Number, latest address and a copy of National Registration Card (MyKad) both front and back.
- Visit the nearest LHDN Office
Login for First Time
After you receive a PIN Number, you can proceed to Login for the first time. To do this
- Browse to ezHASiL e-Filing website and click First Time Login
- Fill up PIN Number and MyKad Number & click Submit button
- Review all the information & click Agree & Submit button.
- Once you do this your e-Filing account & digital certificate will be registered & may proceed to complete the ITRF through ezHASiL e-Filing.